NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME
- National Service Scheme unit is established to give an extension lead dimension to the higher education and orient the student youth to community service while they are studying in the college with the following main objectives.
- • To understand the community in which they work
- • To develop among themselves a sense of social and public responsibility
- • To develop skill required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities
- • To acquire leadership qualities and independent attitude.
- •• To develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters.
- As per the Pondicherry University curriculum, all the first year students are enrolled as NSS volunteers and continued up to the end of second year.
Our NSS students participate in various social and awareness programmes such as
1. Blood Donation camp
2. Orientation and leadership progammes
3. Special camp at adopted villages
4. National Integration camps
5. Heritage visits
6. Environmental awareness programmes
7. Tree Plantation
8. Aware programmes such as AIDS control, Blood Donation, Personal hygiene, Voters awareness etc.,
9. Cleaning of heritages places, campus and adopted villages.
NSS Officer: Mr Ragupathy (SAP/Mech)